Please read before posting

When posting questions always write your post in the form of a question. If you are posting in response to a specific WikiAudio article please mention it in the title or body of your post. Please use correct spelling and be clear.
Posts that break these guideline will either be edited or deleted.

What is the name for the converter that changes line level to mic level?

0 votes
I am trying to get the mono output of my live sound board to mic level so I can record the output to my camcorder.
What would be the name for that converter? and Which converter would serve best for my situation?
asked 5 years ago in Question by anonymous

2 Answers

0 votes
DI (direct input)  box
answered 5 years ago by Taoist (4,780 points)
0 votes
that would be an ATTENUATOR.

In principle this is a resistance network consisting of a high value and a low value resistor in series, where you put your line level across the two resistors and your mic-level across the low value resistor. the common point being neutral.

line level is around 0.3V, mic-level is approx 0.002V (2mV) so a 150:1 divider would suffice.

Example: 150kohm/1kohm
answered 5 years ago by Chris Verbert (190 points)

Please log in or register to answer this question.

Related questions

0 votes
7 answers
0 votes
0 answers
+1 vote
2 answers